I'm uploading one video for feedback please... I think she nailed the bending in the first few minutes of the video, and the remaining 4 min is practicing the auto sit with halt. I'm pretty sure she's not receiving the proper cue by her delayed response. I think it's because my hands are still behind her eye on the kiss, but I can't figure out how to bring them forward. What do you gals think?
A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let their journey begin...
FOUNDATION Course Outline
▼
FOUNDATION Course Equipment List
▼
Tech Savvy (ecollar)
▼
Class Emails
▼
FOUNDATION Course Glossary
▼
FOUNDATION Course articles by Deb Kidwell (Understanding why KMODT works so well each week)
▼
HOMEWORK Week 10: The Novice run-thru
▼
HOMEWORK Week 9: The BN
▼
HOMEWORK Week 8: Dog learns Reliability
▼
HOMEWORK WEEK 8: Dog learns Acceptance
▼
HOMEWORK Week 7: Dog learns Acceptance
▼
HOMEWORK Week 6: Dog learns Accountability
▼
HOMEWORK Week 5 Cliff Notes
▼
HOMEWORK Week 5: Dog learns Patience
▼
HOMEWORK Week 4 Cliff Notes
▼
HOMEWORK Week 4: Dog learns Subordination
▼
HOMEWORK Week 3 Cliff Notes
▼
HOMEWORK Week 3: Dog learns Discipline
▼
HOMEWORK Week 2 Cliff Notes
▼
HOMEWORK Week 2: Dog learns Responsibility
▼
HOMEWORK Week 1: Dog learns Attention
▼
HOMEWORK, Lesson 1: Intro to Inverted Longe Line (ILL)
▼
HOMEWORK: Before you begin
▼
Student EXAMS
▼
Instructor's EXAMS
▼
These are worth reading, listening to, or watching
▼
*IMPORTANT*
▼
Prior Student videos & their stories
▼
About Roxanne Lee (how she became a nationally certified dog trainer)
▼
Fun stuff!
▼
AKC Trials & Events
▼
Understanding Your Dog's Genetic Hardwiring
▼
Hey Kellie your exam was going really well in the beginning. What I believe you got confused with is the 3 step halt to auto sit and the exercise finish. As you were heeling her in between the pipes that is where you would be doing the 3 step halt into auto sit and then take 1 step for the exercise finish. In the exam you needed a 1 min sit/stay at 6’ and supported stand with condition relaxation. I believe you and Piper can do this. If you can’t redo before Monday then will set it up at the next
ReplyDeleteclass. There are example videos on the blog on the left side under instructor exams that will be beneficial for to watch.
Sit/stay nose to knees not 6’
ReplyDelete